BioMask 2.0 FFP2 Respirator - NEW LOWER PRICES
- Product Code:
"From the perspective of airborne transmissions, we have seen over the last year that well-fitted FFP2 masks are very effective in preventing transmission, even in highly contaminated and poorly ventilated environments, or even in close contact with Covid patients," said Dr Pedro de Oliveira from Cambridge University's department of engineering. "I believe we should still be wearing face masks at all times in public spaces, most especially indoors."
Fact #1: Washable fabric facemasks may look great but offer very little filtration or protection. Those around you are partially protected if you cough or sneeze but particles can pass through easily and airborne contaminants are hardly filtered at all as you breathe in.
Fact #2: According to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), surgical masks offer a six-fold reduction in exposure to airborne contaminants, but this is entry-level PPE. As this type of mask is open at the sides and does not seal against the face, it offers the wearer only limited protection.
Fact #3: Filtration Face Piece (FFP) masks are respirators. A well-fitted respirator creates a seal around the face and nose which inhibits inward leakage of contaminants. HSE studies show that respirators provide improved protection with a significant reduction in exposure compared to surgical masks.
Fact #4: All respirators need to comply with EU standard EN149:2001 and A1:2009 for PPE, but they fall into 3 classes according to their effectiveness in filtering particles and reducing exposure. The WHO rates FFP2 and FFP3 respirators as being suitable for Healthcare Professionals who are in direct contact with Covid-19 patients. The BioMask 2.0 is an FFP2 respirator. Previously reserved exclusively for Healthcare Professionals, adequate supplies are now available within the NHS and the BioMask 2.0 FFP2 respirator can therefore now be made available to the general public.
Fact #5: Published HSE studies* have shown that surgical masks provide around a six-fold reduction in exposure. By contrast, a properly fitted FFP2 respirator could provide at least a 100-fold reduction. *HSE research report RR619.
Fact #6: No mask or respirator can offer 100% protection against Covid-19. All FFP respirators are intended to be used with other PPE supplies as part of a package of safety measures which include social distancing, frequent handwashing, and the use of disinfectants.
Since 1st November all PPE supplies have become subject to 20% VAT. Rather than ask our customers to pay this VAT in the form of a price rise, we are absorbing the 20% charge.
- Adjustable moulded nose bridge helps to confirm to the nose and contours of the face
- Latex free
- Elastic loops and head strap clip
- Made of high grade melt blown material - graded density non-woven fibre with spun lace strapping
- Internationally certified to FFP2 NR Standards
- Manufactured to EN149:2001+A1:2019/Regulation (EU) 2016/425
- 3-year shelf life when sealed in bag
- Each single use, one-size mask will remain effective for 8-10 hours. If used intermittently for short periods over several days, care should be taken to avoid contamination when removing and re-fitting the mask. Wash hands after each use
- Despatched in packs containing 5 masks
- Available as 1 pack (5 masks) £3.99 per mask, 2 packs (10 masks) £3.75 per mask, 5 packs (25 masks) £3.50 per mask, 10 packs (50 masks) £3.25 per mask, 20 packs (100 masks) £3.00 per mask, 50 packs (250 masks) £2.50 per mask
- Sale of these masks does not impact in any way on PPE supplies to the NHS
- Click here to see certification related t