Daewoo’s temperature gauge retro kettle ensures you enjoy tea and coffee at their best. Tell any expert you’ve been making tea or coffee with boiling water and they’ll be horrified. In fact, black tea should be made with water heated only to around 90°C, green tea 80°C and delicate white tea just 70-75°C, ensuring their flavour compounds and amino acids are optimally released. Even coffee tastes best at around 90-95°C, as boiling water can burn it. Worth buying for its looks alone, this retro-design kettle from Daewoo has an integrated temperature gauge, so you’ll instantly know when water reaches your chosen temperature or is about to boil. It might even save you having to re-boil next time you need hot water.
- 360° rotational base for right- and left-handed users
- Automatic/manual switch-off
- Removable filter
- Boil dry protection
- Retro dial temperature gauge
- Choice of All-Stainless Steel or Black finish
- Large 1.7L capacity, measures 26cm high x 17cm dia.
- Mains, 3000W